We present to your attention the next issue of the news program Apple News. Today, the issue is about the release of iOS 11.0.2, the exploding iPhone 8 Plus and the successes of the Apple Watch Series 3.
1. The other day, the official YouTube app has received an update and has got iMessage support. Now, if you enable the corresponding extension, you can directly search for the video you are interested in and send links to the videos, supplemented with stylish previews.
2. Last weekend, Apple released a new commercial that demonstrates all the features of the "Portrait Lighting" function in the iPhone 8 Plus. In a video called "Her portraits" a member of The Shacks musical band strolls along the street, at the same time the "Portrait Lighting" modes change. A special emphasis is placed on the "step light", which places the face on a flat black background.
3. On September 23, a Taiwanese woman named Wu became one of the first buyers of the iPhone 8 Plus. However, her joy was short-lived: after only five days he exploded while charging. At the same time, the woman insists that she used the original Apple charger, not counterfeit. Apple has not yet commented on this situation.
4. The TrueDepth camera system, which provides unprecedented face recognition accuracy, is both the main trump of the iPhone X, and the main source of problems. According to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, it is because of the complexities with the production of TrueDepth modules that the offer for iPhone X will meet demand only by the spring of next year. However, according to analysts' calculations, even if the actual start of sales takes place in 2018, competitors will need about 2.5 years to achieve comparable success in face recognition.
5. This week, Apple released another update to the mobile operating system. The updated iOS has an index of 11.0.2, it takes about 300 MB depending on the type of your device and fixes at least three problems that most users complained about.
iOS 11.0.2 eliminates the audio interference that occurs during telephone conversations on the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus. In addition, with the release of the update, a glitch disappeared, leading to the spontaneous disappearance of some photos from the album, as well as an error that does not allow you to read the encrypted message. If you have experienced any of the above problems, we recommend that you update the system.
6. The Consumer Report magazine is an authoritative and unbiased publication that regularly tests consumer products. This time in the laboratory of the publication was a new portable gadget from Cupertino – Apple Watch Series 3.
According to the results of the tests, the clock demonstrated itself perfectly in all aspects. For example, they confirmed compliance with the declared endurance indicators: the sapphire screen did not want to scratch, and after a long immersion in water the clock continued to work.
Researchers failed to fix a bug that prevents some users from connecting with Apple Watch to LTE. In addition, the fact of strong heating of the gadget was not confirmed: after a 20-minute talk on the clock, the hull temperature actually increased, but remained within the permissible limits.
7. The Apple Pay Cash feature was announced at WWDC 2017 this summer and we expected it to be available simultaneously with the release of iOS 11. Since then, Apple's mobile operating system has already received two minor updates, but we still can not transfer money to each other with the help of Apple Pay.
According to informed sources, at the moment the new function is being tested internally in the walls of Apple. Testing is performed on devices with the beta version of iOS 11.1 and the corresponding certificate.
We dare to assume that the long-awaited release of Apple Pay Cash will be held on the same day, when the final version of iOS 11.1 will be released. Earlier it was reported that the system will be available to residents of countries where Apple Pay operates, so we are waiting for it in Russia.